Saturday 6 July 2024

Psalm Eighty Eight.

Psalm 88 (abridged

 

 

 Like those whom you remember no more for they are  cut off from your hand. You have put me in the depths of the pit, in the regions dark and deep. Your wrath lies heavy upon me  and you overwhelm me. You have caused my companions to shun me; you have made me a horror to them. I am shut in so that I cannot escape; my eye grows dim through sorrow.
 
 I call upon you, O LORD;  I spread out my hands to you. Do you work wonders for the dead? Do the departed rise up to praise you? Is your steadfast love declared in the grave or your faithfulness in Abaddon? Are your wonders known in the darkness or your righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
 
 But I, O LORD, cry to you in the morning my prayer comes before you. LORD, why do you cast my soul away? Why do you hide your face from me?  I suffer your terrors; I am helpless. Your wrath has swept over me; your dreadful assaults destroy me. They surround me like a flood all day long: You have caused my beloved and my friends to shun me; my companions have become darkness.
 
BUT I WILL SING OF THE STEADFAST LOVE OF THE LORD. 

This portion of Holy Scripture seemed to relate to me, especially so, in the previous two years.It expressed exactly how I thought a-n-d felt now. 
 
It caused me to tremble with the thought of its overall meaning. I was humbled again by his ( God's ) heavy hand, enough to cause me to cry out for Mercy.I wanted to run from his correction, but i knew that that was impossible. 
 
Although this song (Psalm 88) is in the Older portion of the Bible and was probably written more than 25 centuries ago, it  totally jumped out of the page at me full of  personal meaning. This is truly another example of the Bible bridging the gap or span of time, culture and geography. Reaching out to me across the divide and blowing me away with its relevance,acuity and feedback. It zeroed into my heart and mind  deeper than a burning laser.

You, my reader, may be astounded as I was or you may just wonder what the Psalm 88 and I am talking about. If you were amazed,as I was let me know and post your thoughts. If you were not, let your comments be my guide for feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Small Planet, One Small Country.

  One small Planet, One small Country   Update Middle East. There has been much speculation amongst the Western and Eastern worl...