Tuesday 8 October 2024

Not Enough Books, Starved Mind.

 

 

Not Enough Books, Starved Mind.

 

I treasure books. When I reach the end of the year, I check to see if I made my goal of one book per month over the 12 months. Some years I make it; most years I do not. I don’t have a reason but I use the excuse that being a busy carer leaves little time for deep reading. Well, I used that reason until I read about George Bush. According to a senior advisor, Karl Rove, Bush loves books and is an avid reader. Even while he was President of the United States, Bush read between 40 to 95 books per year. Rove reported in the Wall Street Journal in 2008 that President Bush read the Bible from cover to cover each year.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do young Children know Right from Wrong ?

    Research into Tabula Rasa or Hard wired Morality? Do children know right from wrong? Research conducted at Yale University’s Inf...