Saturday 21 September 2024

More Spiritual, I wish.

 

 

I wish I were more Spiritual.

Sometimes Christians look at other Christians and say, “Boy, I wish I could be as spiritual as they are.” But don’t you understand? You have the same identity that they do. So if they are progressing and you are regressing, it is because they are living in light of who they are and you are not.

In my house, I have a toaster, a can opener, a microwave, and a refrigerator. They are all different appliances, but they all work from the same power source. When I plug them in, the refrigerator refrigerates. When I plug the microwave in, the microwave does the microwaving. When I plug the toaster in, the toaster does the toastering, and when I plug the can opener in, the can opener does its can opening. Each appliance, though different, lives up to its manufactured specifications because each appliance is receiving the same power source.

Even though I am different from you and you are different from me, all of us have the equal potential of living up to God’s manufacturer’s specifications. You can be what God saved you to be and I can be what God saved me to be because the same electrical current is available to all God’s kids. It’s available to all who belong to Christ. So there are no special kids in the kingdom. God has the design for you but you must know who you are in Him.[1]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Spiritual, I wish.

    I wish I were more Spiritual. Sometimes Christians look at other Christians and say, “Boy, I wish I could be as spiritual as th...